Recent Posts

Monday, August 23, 2010

Q&A - Self Confidence

Here's a question that I received via email which I would like to share with you...

------
Q
Thank you for getting back to me Natalie. It is amazing to me that you are so diversified in the fitness/modeling/photography industry. I have some modeling experience as well.

I have struggled quite a bit in the past few years. I was in an emotionally abusive relationship for 2 ∏ years and I allowed that to eat away at my confidence. I finally got out of it about 9 months ago, but have not been able to truly motivate myself to get back in the shape I used to be in. I grew up dancing and absolutely loved it. I stopped dancing a few years back though. I also love kickboxing and regular gym workouts when I’m motivated. My eating habits are also not the best. First of all, growing up I was super skinny and never had to worry about my weight. I could eat all the fatty foods in the world and not gain a pound. Now that I’m a little older, this is not the case anymore. I am also a stress eater. So, I really need help with my eating habits, because they have never been great.

My main goal is to be confident with myself. I want to be a healthy person and feel great.

I am 5’5” and about 139 lbs right now. This is the heaviest I have ever been. The last time I really felt great about my body was a few years back when I was working out hard and I got down to 125 lbs.

A
I can understand your struggle with relationship and how it impacts your life... I went through a tough breakup myself a few years back and it was the negative energy from that experience that I channeled into my fitness (otherwise would have eaten me alive!).  For myself, I said that the “greatest revenge is massive success” so that was part of the motivation to move to Europe, start a new life, and to transform my physique into a world class one. 

My mother also gave me wonderful advice during this time and that was "When you are having the worst day, put on some nice clothes, do your makeup and hair, make yourself feel beautiful, go outside and put a smile on your face. Your day will feel better." The little things you do to improve your life and how you feel makes a huge difference.

Set yourself a goal of losing 2-3 lbs a month and determine when you would reach your goal weight.  I’m 5’4, 130 lbs off season and 122lbs on season @ 16% bodyfat ( I carry a lot of muscle).  I used a 4 month goal and did weigh-ins every week to keep myself in check.  You can do it!!  Here’s a blog that I wrote on my motivation to stick to my program.

Here’s an interview that I did that is extremely comprehensive regarding my lifestyle, diet, exercise, motivation, life goals.

In addition, take a look at this site which features interviews of many normal people like you and me who are now fitness models or fitness competitors.

Best of luck, let me know if have any questions and I’m rooting for you!

Natalie

0 comments:

- N - M - PHOTOGRAPHY's Fan Box