Recent Posts

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Healthy and Hearty Chili!

This is my twist on chili. I added every veggie that I could find in order to make this very healthy and lower calorie. I omit oil and used the leanest minced meat I could find. This meal will serve alot of people so I packed everything up into individual meal sized plastic ziplocks and froze them for future use.

Ingredients:

1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon chili pepper flakes (I used chipotle chili flakes for more depth, I like spicy)
1 small can tomato paste
1 beef bullion cube dissolved in 1/3 cup water
10 packets of Spenda or some artificial sweetner
Few dashes of Worcester Sauce (American sauce to you Euros)
1 can crushed tomatoes or 4 coarsely chopped tomatoes

1 pound ground/minced turkey or super lean beef
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 bell peppers, diced
2 zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
1 small eggplant chopped
3 carrot chopped
5 chopped mushrooms
5 crushed garlic
2 drained cans of beans (I used red)


Directions:
In a giant pot, brown the ground meat at medium high heat with the can of tomatoes, coriander, cumin, chili pepper flakes, tomato paste, onions, garlic, Worcester sauce.

After the meat is cooked through, toss in all of the veggies. Mix the beef buiillion broth with the 10 packets of Splenda and pour into the pot. After about 10 minutes of simmering, add the drained cans of beans. Cook for another 45 minutes at medium heat.

You can serve immediately or let it sit for a day which intensifies the flavors.

Bon Appetit / Smakelijk / Enjoy!!

0 comments:

- N - M - PHOTOGRAPHY's Fan Box