Recent Posts

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Grilled Pollack Fillet and Roasted Veggies in a Tomato Italian Sauce Recipe

It started with my newfound yummy snack of Sardines. I never had this before until moving to Belgium. After my few trips to Spain and Italy, I definitely developed a liking for awesome Mediterranean food which reminds me of my travels. So now I like to munch on tins of Sardines in tomato/basil or citrus/basil sauces without oil. It's a heck of alot more interesting than tins of plain tuna.

Ok back to this recipe. My inspiration for this recipe were these Sardine tins. This week since I'm 4 weeks out from FAP I'm focusing my diet on white fish and roasted veggies until I get my nutrition plan from the Italian pharmacist/nutritionist wizard. I roast up 2kgs of pollack fillets (white flesh, cheaper than cod, sustainable fish, and not fishy at all) and 2.5kgs of a mixed bag of broccoli-carrots-cauliflower. I keep this in my fridge and work through it during the week, inventing different seasonings or toppings to meke it more palatable (who likes to eat the same thing every day? Yuck). If I can eat something that resembles something that I would snack on, more power to me. So here goes...

Grilled Pollack Fillet and Roasted Veggies in a Tomato Italian Sauce
- Few fillets of Pollack fish
- Frozen mixed bag of veggies
- 1 can of stewed tomatoes with either italian or basil seasoning
- 1 little can of tomato paste
- 1 clove of garlic or garlic powder
- 2 tbsp of dried italian herbs or thyme/basil

Set oven to 350F or 180C. Roast the fish and veggies in the oven for 25 minutes. In a frying pan mix the can of stewed tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic, and dried herbs. Saute for 5 minutes to reduce the liquid. Once the veggies and fish are done, arrange on plate and pour the mixture over everything.

0 comments:

- N - M - PHOTOGRAPHY's Fan Box