Recent Posts

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

What To Do With All Of The Egg Yolks...

Today's dinner consisted of 3 slices of protein bread (my creation based on 9-grain flour and 4 big scoops of casein protein) and 4 egg whites seasoned with oregano, ground chipotle pepper, garlic, and ketchup (tastes kind of like a pizza).

I go through a ton of eggs and at times feel bad for chucking all of the yolks so today I decided to make something special for when I'm off diet:

Bearnaise Sauce!



* 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
* 2 tablespoons minced shallot or onion
* 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
* 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 4 egg yolks
* 1/2 cup hot melted butter or margarine


DIRECTIONS

1. Combine the vinegar, shallots, tarragon, garlic salt, and pepper in a small saucepan. Boil over medium-high heat until the liquid is boiling. Remove from heat.

2. Have the egg yolks beaten lightly in a cup and ready to roll.

3. Stirring the whole time, pour the melted butter into the mixture. Next, slowly beat in the egg yolks. The mixture will thicken and turn a pale yellow color.

Since I can't really have any while on diet, I let it cool, spooned it into a plastic sandwich bag, and stored in my freezer. Otherwise, if you are normal you can serve this on salmon, steak, etc. Delish!

0 comments:

- N - M - PHOTOGRAPHY's Fan Box