Recent Posts

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Scarsdale Medical Diet

Back from Sardinia and put on 5 lbs in 3 days. WTF. I think it's a number of factors: I ran stairs and hills while there (normally I do not do high impact) and I can feel myself swelling, monthly cycle, tasty cheese, and alot of carbs and salt in the meals.  Basically all the things that you shouldn't do but made an excuse for.

Regardless, I'm 3 weeks out from show and this is freaking me out.  The best thing to do to catch up is to cut the calories via low carbs and fat, keep protein relatively high, and drink alot of water.  My calorie intake will be very low for the next few days while I maintain a regular workout schedule. 

I heard about the Scarsdale Diet from Telihana and she had some quick success with it.  It's very close to what I'm doing today but with MUCH less calories.  This diet has one on about 800-1000 calories.

You can find all of the diet details here.

Government esearch shows that a reduced calorie intake is the key to losing weight.  This study compares numerous diet tenets and came to this conclusion.  It's mathematical: 3500 calories = 1lb of fat.  

OK, gonna suck it up today.  I'm going to follow as close as I can but it probably won't be exact.  I'm expecting to cut about 500 calories from my regular diet and keep up the cardio/weights pace.

0 comments:

- N - M - PHOTOGRAPHY's Fan Box