Recent Posts

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My Photography Influences

After returning from Monaco and back to the reality working in my Finance job, my mind can't help but daydream about the beautiful sights that I have seen and sensed. Each time I have such an adventure I try to capture all of these moments on camera. But it's more than just snapping shots for me. I want to tell a story that the viewer could follow along, sense every detail with me, and see the world through my eyes. Pictures for me are about capturing an emotion, a fleeting moment that you also have experienced and are often triggered back into your memory because of a familiar sound or smell. Moments like this give me goosebumps and pause my day with a smile on my face.

Photography is a difficult skill and it's a challenge for me to continue to hone my style. There's a few artists out there who expertly weld the camera that I look to in order to develop my own eye. I'd like to share my favorites.

Errikos Andreou. http://www.errikosandreou.com/ Erriko's work is haunting, spirited, and inspiring.



Michael is a fashion photographer whose work I first observed in W Magazine. I find his work inspiring since for me as a model, I usually did swimsuit/lingerie/fitness and his avant garde fashion photography was the type of modeling that I didn't do. Thus as a photographer, it's a challenge for me to see the world through through the fashion veil.







Luke Duval. http://www.lukeduval.com/ Luke is a Vietnamese pharmacist turned fashion photographer who began his new career based on a dream (I can relate!). Self trained, his artistry caught my eye years ago when I stumbled upon his MySpace profile.


0 comments:

- N - M - PHOTOGRAPHY's Fan Box